What happens in an Open Lab?
The lab is open for member use. NO prior sign-up is needed for these sessions – it’s first-come first-served. We may have a reduced staff (the monitor plus whoever else shows up) but we’ll take on all questions and provide as much assistance as possible. We offer no guarantees that we will have time to get to you, or have the “right person” to handle your queries, and as usual, no assurance of a fix; however, we’ll do the best we can with the people we have. We do have monitors who can help with either Mac or PC, iPad or Android.
Here are some of the topics that we have addressed:
- Where did my photos go?
- buying a new computer (or tablet or smart phone)
- cloud storage (includes iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.)
- eBay – how to buy or sell
- editing music
- email – basic and advanced
- hardware basics
- using flash drives
- installing an SSD (Solid State Drive)
- managing mobile photos
- setting up and managing networks
- making panorama photos
- computer basics for beginners
- using a touchscreen
- web searching
- playing music or videos